I have been creating again with Wonderland, inks, paint and this time i almost burned myself on my heat gun and i deleted the best photo i have of it!! Such a dumbo :)
I was at a baby shower on saturday, which was lovely...but i am useless at getting presents and such. I don't "do" baby gifts until the baby has arrived safe and sound so i thought i'd make something for mum and dad...mostly mum....dad might break it!!
So out came the inks (sarah hurley teal, sarah hurley black, tattered angels bubblegum chalk), the paint (acrylic teal, pink & white), the stamps (prima), the doodle pen, LOADS of pva and silkscreen medium and my teal and pink box of goodies (yes my stash is colour co-ordinated *grin* ) and my sarah hurley wonderland papers, characters and some random baby poetry books.
This was fun again....same technique as before....you know, spray, roll on paint, dry, spray, get some paint on, dry, add papers, paint with glue, spray, paint, dry....etc etc!!
I decided on a photo they had done from a 4D scan to be the main focus and then sneezed some flowers out :) I then decided it needed a wee banner, so got some scrap paper and cut out triangles and painted them on then rubbed white acrylic paint over them....dried them and doodled on them. I used a very fine paint brush to colour in the sarah hurley wonderland Alice and mad hatter with ink, then i painted over them with white paint to distress them a bit.....really because i made a mistake :):)
Then i decided it needed glitter and bling and could not be without butterflies :) and tom convinced me that i needed to use that piece of ribbon.
Wheni finished it i showed tom and he said (no joke) "this is simply beautiful mummy" (aaaaaah!! he's 5!!!) Maybe i should send him to football camp this summer????
So here goes...it's not the best picture because i stupidly deleted that...but ho hum here it is in it's box frame from ikea.
and a close up:
I managed to see her open it. I know her as her husband and J went to school together and are still friends and we haven't talked much really but i get on well with her husband and so tried hard...and it paid off!!
Anyway, she loved it.....everyone was ooohing and aaaahing over it.....freaked me out really and i went really red with embarrassment. A friend suggested i should make to sell and offered to set up a website etc etc.....HAHAH!
I really have only just started sharing my crafty side with my firiends! Anyhoo, hope you like it!!


5 comments:
Natalie that is a stunning project....your friend must have been so pleased with it!
Alison xx
Another beautiful project, gorgeous!!
Sarah x
amazing!!
x
really stunning Nat - a lovely gift! x
The heat gun is dangerous! I know all about it!! Such a lovely work with the glue gun anyway ;).
Post a Comment