Sunday, 2 January 2011

Bit of a personal post.....worst christmas ever.


Just venting.  I whish I could scream!  We had such a rubbish holiday.  I am beyond dissappointed.

My mother is a nasty, bitter, vindictive, alcoholic, uncaring, selfish, spiteful......C%^& (and i hate that word!!)

She had no interest in Tom....none at all....spent all xmas eve and xmas day pissed and shutting Tom up....even though he is the best behaved little boy.  He wasn't allowed to play with his pressies.

She listened to nothing i said on the phone before we arrived.  I told her i was ocming off my diet for xmas so i could enjoy being away.  I've lost 6 stone and all she said was..."you haven't been doing this diet, there's no difference in you at all".  BITCH.

She bought tom chocolates with hazelnuts and peanuts in them....he is severely allergic!!  He has bad exzema and has been hospitalised with it....so she puts her fragranced cream on is face and then lies about it.  When Tom tells me the truth she has a go at him for lying.....his face started to swell up and become all red and bumpy and he was reacting to the cream.  She is just so clueless. She called me a bad mother and made a big deal in front of john that he wasn't his son (J and I met when tom was 4 months - Toms dad was a twat we split...he has no interest in tom).  She said on the phone she had plans for us every day....we did nothing. She took us to sweden...for the booze run. and out for tea...but that was day 1. 6 days of staying in the house with nothing to do but go out for a walk.  She did nothing with us. She never played with tom, she never sat with us for xmas dinner...which i had to make. She swore in front of tom, constantly put me down...when i asked her to not swear in front tom....she just sat there shouting "fuck, fuck, fuck" in front of him.
My sister arrived and things got better.  She was going into Oslo with her girlfriend as she never stays at my mums for more that 4 days.  So on the last day our flight was at 10pm...and the night before she said that my stepdad would give us a lift at 6.30 for the hour journey to the airport. So inthe morning she wakes us up at 10 am and says your leaving in an hour and a half.  I had 1000Kr that she gave us for xmas (about £100 or so) we used it all getting home. 
She refused to tell me where to get the bus from, how much it was going to be, how we get to the airport etc etc......just said Sarah will tell you and show you.  J and I were fuming and so obviously we started to argue. We spent 20 mins getting to the station, and hour on the train, 2 hours waiting at the bus station for a 2 hour bus journey (pretty much back the way we came) for a 5 hour wait for the plane.  We left my mums at 11.30am and arrived home at 4am. 

Now you've read all this I would like to tell you that they invited us over......they paid for our flights and they wanted us there.  They never wanted us tehre at all. I wish we had never gone. And i will not be going back unless i pay for the flights, hire a car, and do our own thing.....and only in the summer.
I was so exciting about going somewhere i have always wanted to go to in the winter.I cried all the way home as i remebered how excited i was.....and i still cry as i think about it and now worry that i am going to turn out just like her.

Thanks for reading and letting me vent xoxox

Photobucket

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh~I am so sorry to hear that!! What a shitty way to be treated, and by your mother no less! Hoping that your mother gets some help and hoping that you and your family are able to get through this!

D said...

So sorry to hear you are in such pain. I am glad you don't live near her. You and your son should not have to be subjected to such malicious behavior. Save your money for a fun trip instead. No one deserves to be treated that way.

Rebekah said...

Aww Nat, so sorry to hear all that. I hope that you are able to put it behind you and have a wonderful 2011 xx

Jolanda said...

Dear Nat,so sorry to hear that it was so dissapointing!!You can't go back in time,it happened,please learn about it and you will NEVER be like your mom!!!!!Try to forget when you're done crying close the book and go on!!!You don't need people in your life like that.(and J and T also don't need them...!!)Hope you're feeling better very soon and give it a place!!!You're to sweet to be sad!!!!!
Keep your head up!!!
Love,Jolanda

Lynn and Paul said...

Sorry you had such a shitty Christmas. Try to put it behind you and not dwell on it (hard I know).

You obviously love your son very much and I would focus your energy on him.

Hope this get much better for you in 2011.

Much love

Lynn

Shannon said...

Nat, I'm just reading this and I don't want to stir up old feelings for you but I want to send my hugs across the Atlantic (or Pacific...however they'll reach you quicker! :) ). I'm sorry you had to deal with this and that Tom had to be around someone who acted like that.

Alison said...

Nat....just wanted to send some hugs and say that, at least Tom is young enough to forget it and I'm sure you'll make sure the rest of his Christmases are something special!xx

Michelle Hernandez said...

Natalie this post is so very brave! I rarely come across blogs that keep it real like this and the fact that you are willing to open up is seriously fantastic. You should feel safe, listened to and cherished when you go "home to Mom"! I hope speaking out made you feel better. :)

Counter

McLaffins