Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Soooo excited!!!!!

I am Natalie Jane and am absolutely ecstatic to be guesting with We R Memory Keepers this month. Welcome to my blog :-) 

Here’s a little about me just incase you missed that bit ;) :)

Am a 31yrold mother of 1…..and maid, cleaner, cook, lecturer, teacher, fun-pal. By day, I am a full-time Chemistry Teacher and by eve I can be found in my study creating, reading, or tidying the never-ending mess. I live in England and spend most of that wishing I could move to my homeland of Scotland.

I was introduced to scrapbooking in 2006 then it became a full on obsession (read Hobby) in 2009. I find it cathartic. You can currently find me in Scrap365 Magazine, Sarah Hurley Designs and my challenge blog – Punky Scraps (www.punkyscraps.blogspot.com)

I love colour so this particular collection was lovely to work with, so lovely, in fact, I made three projects. (See my blog for details of them).

I wanted to use all the papers and so I cut out squares of each paper. I mounted some squares and used the others to create windows. I accented the windows with faux-stitching to make them stand out. Used the cardstock chipboard as an embellishment for the title.

6_17_happydayWRMKgroovy

I like to cut out shapes to add to a cluster of embellishments and We R Memory Keepers Feelin’ Groovy paper was perfect for that.

6_17_closeup

Close up! Love clustering bits together! This twine looking stuff is paper twine from the pound shop! 

6_17_brave close up

Flair is from Ormolu! 

6_17_DSCN0765

Loved these colours that much I made a card!! Used distress inks to make the yellow splats :) 

6_17_cardWRMKgroovy


Another layout using acrylic inks and paints and of course stencils! 

The chipboard stickers I cut up to give a little more texture. 


6_17_awesomeWRMKGroovy

Thanks for reading and I've loved working with this collection!! 

6 comments:

Kristi B. said...

Awesome projects Natalie! I love your ink & paint techniques. :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow!!! Amazing work!!!!!! :D

Michelle Hernandez said...

Love that card!! Three great projects! Congrats on the guestie!! You really made the WRMK items look cool!

Claire said...

Fantastic creations Nat, love the twirly thing you've done with the twine. Congrats on the guest spot.
C x

Unknown said...

Just so gorgeous design's

Debbi Tehrani said...

Wonderful projects, and congrats on your WRMK guest gig!

Counter

McLaffins