I haven't been on here much but that because i haven't had anything to share. I come with good news: I can scrap again! (read: it takes ages and it hurts so so much!) I've had a month of electrotherapy and am now seeing a specialist as my brain is rejecting my arm, so they want to make it work as a unit, not just my hand.
Anyhoo, that's for another post. This is a post dedicated to the wonderful, brave and talented PAMELA YOUNG!!
For those of you who don't know me, I am Natalie and this my creative space! I was born in Scotland and now live in England with my son (5). I'm a teacher and i love to create with paints and paper in my spare time :)
Pamela is the founder of Scrapbook Challenges, a weekly sketch site that started on MySpace. The site has grown in strength to strength and is now a buzzing ning forum with over 1600 members!
Pamela is the founder of Scrapbook Challenges, a weekly sketch site that started on MySpace. The site has grown in strength to strength and is now a buzzing ning forum with over 1600 members!
Pamela has decided to step down from leading this site to be with her family, a big decision, but the right one! She is handing over the reins to Brynn - so thanks to Brynn for taking over :)
I would like to take this opportunity (oscar speech!!) to thank Pamela, not only for the thoughtful dt packages that have been landing on my doorstep for the past year, but for letting me design with her sketches and for taking me on scrappy journey's i wouldn't really go on! I found the site over a year ago through stumbling upon the lovely Ilene's blog and i loved the feel of the site (if that makes any sense!) so i applied to be on the dt and was accepted. So thanks Pamela and Brynn for your trust in me and for liking my stuff :) It was my first proper dt position and i was very very excites!
I have met some wonderful people from all over the globe there who i have learned so much from and more importantly have listened to me venting and been there when others haven't been!! :)
I have met some wonderful people from all over the globe there who i have learned so much from and more importantly have listened to me venting and been there when others haven't been!! :)
So the purpose of this blog hop is to say thank you to Pamela :)
THANKS PAMELA :)
To do this we are picking our favourite sketch from the gallery (there are over 200 to choose from) to create a NEW layout.
I chose sketch number 2 to create with and decided to use the theme of "hope" in my design.
This saying has helped me too :)
Here is what i created (using Sarah Hurley Inkaballs & my april scrapagogo kit!!)
Yes - i like to twist the sketches and make them my own :) Journaling reads " When the world says give up, hope says try one more time"!
My first ever 8 x 8 (but it's a secret as to why i scrapped 8x8 :))
There are prizes!! I am doing a RAK - yes, it's one of those mystery ones....leave a comment, become a follower or let me know you already are (you can always unfollow...) and tell me your favourite colour!
Now the serious prizes!
1. One member who leaves a comment on all the blogs & in the hop will get Chipboard Borders, 12x12 Collection Kit and a 6x6 Paper Pad from To The Moon by Fancy Pants.
2. One member who post a NEW a layout based on one of Pam’s sketches and posts it in the HOP ON section will receive a package of Tim Holtz goodies.
3. One new member over the weekend will get the We R Memory Keepers’ Sew Easy Piercer, 4 Piercers, a mixed assortment of Divine Twine and 15 colors of DMC Embroidery Floss.
So really what are you waiting for....oh and if you join from this blog, tell them Nat sent you :)
Oh yeah, nearly forgot...it's National Scrapbooking Day tomorrow so join in the blog hop too and there will be challenges and games on the site!





32 comments:
Beautiful work NAT!!!!!
Have a very nice hop...
xx
I love that you make them your own.....gives me hope cuz I get lost along the way and sometimes you can't tell I started from the sketch.....lol. But thats the fun of it....seeing where your inmagination takes over and leads you :)
Great layout. I love it! And I hope the specialist helps you.
Love your colorful and funky LO! Love you artsy style! Beautiful and awesome message...i hope you heal completely from your accident soon..:)
Hi Nat, good to see that you didn't lost your mojo! Beautiful layout!!!!
WTG!
Love your layout and I love that saying! Your work is always so refreshing and artsy...I love it! :) Thanks so much for everything you have done for SC! YOU rock!
Great sentiment and LO Nat...hope you heal completely soon!
Alison xx
Great sentiment and LO Nat...hope you heal completely soon!
Alison xx
This page is really fun and creative. Thanks for sharing.
hehe, you are right! you definitely had a different take on the sketch! That's what's so great too! Love what you did with it!
You Rock! Love it.
Nat - I wanted to say thank you so very much for what you said on my blog. It means so very much to me. You inspire me too! Hugs
I think what you've done here is awesome!! I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time!!! Best wishes. My favorite color is green (you sent me some lovely goodies last time)!!! Your blog background is awesome!!! :-)
Stunning work, Natalie. I love your distressing. Best of luck on the hop.
Jasmine
Stunner of a lo Nat. Happy NSD. Deb xox
Wonderful, amazing layout, Nat! I am glad you can scrap again.. wish you can always!
Super Cool page Nat!!love it!! I'm so glad you're better and are scrapping again! Take Care girl!!
Oh wow - the colours you've used on this layout are fabulous together!!!
Natalie, your page is so beautiful! I love all of the colorful embellishments that you used! Speaking of color, mine is pink! I am a new follower!
Hey Nat,
really hope your body mends itself soon x
LOVE your page as always - so interesting to look at!
have a nice weekend,
Cheryl x
Great LO, great use of the Ink-A-Balls :o)
Sarah x
hope you start feeling better soon. love your page.
Fabulous layout and I am a new follower!
Love it! I am now a foloower and my favorite color is GREEN!
Hay Nat x
I remember u too x must be about a year ago now.
loving what you've done with ScrapaGoGo's april kit, it's a stunner :)
Sherna x
Natalie, I love how you put/arranged the words!! So creative, and this is a beautiful page!! :)
Oh my, this is just beautiful! Love the title and all the dimension! So glad that you are better from your arm! Happy weekend! Thanks for all that you do at SC too! Yara
This is beautiful! I love the collage look and pretty colors. The sentiments are wonderful as well. Great job!
cute lo (:
So glad you are doing better! Love the layout!
I love the dimension and colour of your pages!
I tried posting a comment on the previous blog, but there is some kind of error that won't allow me to input my email addy. http://afewpacesfromhere.wordpress.com/2011/05/06/national-scrapbooking-day-mothers-day/#comments
Post a Comment